Chennai Port Trust Jobs 2017
Refer the Latest Chennai Port Trust Jobs Recruitment details, Information and Application procedure. Chennai Port Trust are recruiting at the various position and below are the Latest Chennai Port Trust Jobs Opening.
Have you reffered our Chennai Port Trust Result and Chennai Port Trust Admit Card Page ? Search in the above search box. (It will open in new window) Check it now.
Chennai Port Trust Jobs – 01 Chief Engineer – Last Date – 21st Dec 2017
Important Dates –
- Last Date for Submission of Offline Application Form : 21st Dec 2017
Vacancy Details :
- Position Name : Chief Engineer
- Vacant Post : 01 Post
- Scale of Pay : Rs. 51300-73000 /-
- Qualification Required : Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineer from a recognized University / Institution with 7 years experience.
- Age Limit : Maximum age limit is 45 Years
Job Location : Chennai, Tamilnadu
Selection Criteria : Selection will be based on Interview.
Chennai Port Trust Application Fee : No Application Fee
Chennai Port Trust Application Procedure –
- Application Type – Offline
- Procedure of Application – Interested Candidate need to send their completely filled application form along with Passport size photo, qualification and experience certificates if asked through courier / speed post at “Port of Chennai, 1 Rajaji Salai, India, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 001” on before 21st Dec 2017.
- Chennai Port Trust Job Notice & Application Form : Chennai Port Trust Notification for 01 Chief Engineer Post Dec 2017
About Chennai Port Trust Jobs
Chennai Port, the third oldest port among the 12 major ports, is an emerging hub port in the East Coast of India. This gateway port for all cargo has completed 135 years of glorious service to the nation’s maritime trade.
Maritime trade started way back in 1639 on the sea shore Chennai. It was an open road -stead and exposed sandy coast till 1815. The initial piers were built in 1861, but the storms of 1868 and 1872 made them inoperative. So an artificial harbour was built and the operations were started in 1881 and 1872 made them inoperative. So an artificial harbour was built and the operations were started in 1881. The cargo operations were carried out on the northern pier, located on the northeastern side of Fort St. George in Chennai. In the first couple of years the port registered traffic of 3 lakh tonnes of cargo handling 600 ships.